Saturday, May 2, 2009

Do Nice Guys Finish Last?

Goody Two Shoes


I basically grew up a goody two shoes, with very strict parents--so when I got in trouble in 2nd grade for pulling a girls hair and daydreaming--you would have thought it was the end of the world--the girl hit me with a book first---and day dream I did--my mind a million miles away--I was in the worse reading group and the worst writing group--and had to go to special classes cause I could not pronounce my SSS'S-properly--and as often as I type words backwards probably had dislexia all these years as well.The spin I put on it is--if I am dislectic and still passed maybe I was really almost a genius.
I bring up all this cause I was so good--I didn't want to disappoint my parents--I was actually petrified to fail--The failing started early--I had to take a test to see if I could go into first grade at age 6--because of the way my birthday fell--well they put me in a setting with other kids and because I wouldn't play house with the girls--and preferred to draw airplanes by myself--they told my parents I didn't mix well and would have to wait till I was 7 to start 1st grade--I still remember the hurtful thing my dad said about it--he said"Gloria,that boy is not going to amount to a hill of beans"--He was darn near right--but at least my boys have because I didn't make such statements about them-just stressed you can be anything you want to be--and they are all doing fantastic---more later Codger

No comments:

Post a Comment