Sunday, April 26, 2009

Southern Women

They have Fire in their eyes and a touch of Scarlet deep in their Soul. Back to Full Blog


Back in the 1970's I was with my brother visiting his friends--they were having a jam session--and since I'm not a musician I was feeling a little left out--
I told him I was gonna write a song--so since I shot off my mouth-I had to do it--
THe following is that offering--now all that is required is for Willy Nelson to call and say he will do it-and everything will be cool.

Southern Women

Southern Women they're so pretty yeah, they've got fire in their eyes and a touch of scarlet deep in their soul. Southern breezes smell of jasmine and magnolia, but now the past is gone and the present here: but does the stench of black powder and death still linger in the air for the Southern Woman?
Concrete Towers have grown where stately mansions once stood, is this the progress of man or the Destiny-the destiny of fools. How could they trust their lives to fate when they had thrown away all the rules
THe old manners and decorum-are they ashes of the past or are the memories that last, the ones kept alive by the spirit of the Southern Woman?
Southern Women they're so pretty yeah, they've got fire in their eyes and a touch of scarlet deep in their soul, southern breezes smell of Jasmine and magnolia,but now the past is gone and the present here:but dooes the stench of black powder and death still linger in the air for the Southern Woman?
If ya go down south today my friend-respect it's history be kind to its land , think reverently of the pain endured by the land and the Southern Women. ERic

Posted by codger at 10:22 AM - No Comments Add a Comment Hide Post



Next Post

No comments:

Post a Comment